Thailand and the world have faced unprecedented challenges in 2020 due to the spread of COVID-19. The virus has impacted the livelihoods of 10 of millions of people across ASEAN. In response to the pandemic, ThaiBev has increased its efforts to contribute to society and act as a socially responsible corporate business leader. ThaiBev remained dedicated to corporate social responsibility programs across a broad range of activities throughout Thailand, including across many demographics, while focusing on 5 key dimensions. These 5 dimensions include: 1) Education, 2) Public Health , 3) Sport, 4) Arts and Culture, and 5) Community and Social Development. ThaiBev made substantial contributions to each segment in an attempt to empower people across society to reach their potential, and it adhered to its motto: “Always With You.”
ThaiBev supported clean water initiatives, a watershed reforestation project in a mountainous area, greenhouse gas emission projects, a blanket donation project, scholarship grants, initiatives to generate local income through the Pracharath Rak Samakkee projects, and scholarship donation to Partnership School. ThaiBev also has been consistent in supporting arts and culture. Also initiated a project to alleviate the impact of PM 2.5 and COVID-19 to protect the wellbeing of ThaiBev’s employees and public.
- these comprise a department dedicated to community development programs; a group that aims to enhance quality of life and help the environment; an external affairs group; a Thai talent project group; a group supporting arts and culture and C asean; a group from human resources; and a group from corporate communications.
During mid-2019, the structure of corporate level CSR working groups have been organized to be more integrated. Weekly meeting has been arranged between project owners of 5 dimensional projects to discuss opinions, to seek connections between projects and to allocate budget for optimization. After this structural change, reduce overlapping works by half.
- these comprise public relations and environmental groups in each factory, which work in coordination with those at the corporate level. Each agency coordinates and operates projects that it has initiated, or in cooperation with various groups in society. These community development programs based on local communities’ needs include 100% coverage of ThaiBev operations that may have directly or indirectly impact the surrounding communities.
- It regularly assesses social and environmental impacts through relationships and by inquiring about the opinions or needs of the target community, including those in the areas around factories, or around any facility or community close to the company’s products. This is done using questionnaires, via interviews and public meetings, and by communicating with community leaders, parent groups, school boards or through weekly informal meetings (coffee council).
- Projects are selected and operated together with stakeholders who are target groups to benefit the environment and community according to the objectives of the projects.
- Every project must have concrete measures to assess its results, including by measuring the satisfaction of the community and stakeholders, social and environmental impacts, and follow-up reports by relevant bodies such as government agencies, universities, and civil society groups.
ThaiBev has collaborated with communities and other local bodies to establish an occupational health and safety committee, a local community consultation committee, and groups of personnel tasked with handling complaints and monitoring operational impacts. Such groups include public relations and environmental specialist teams, which are required to constantly monitor and report their findings in order to ensure that ThaiBev’s corporate social responsibility initiatives fulfill the needs of the communities and help to promote sustainable societies.