Restaurant business unit is one of ThaiBev’s business
units that directly affected by COVID-19 resulting in
operational adjustments in all of its OISHI Group restaurants
to ensure customer confidence on hygiene and safety.
- Initiated a QR code system for ordering food to reduce
unnecessary contact. The system directly delivers
customers’ orders from their smartphones to the
kitchen resulted in increases in convenience and speed
- Changed from placing utensils on the table to providing
them directly to customers. All utensils are disinfected
and sealed in special packaging to ensure safety and
- Increased sanitization of common areas such as
countertops and condiment containers every hour.
This includes strict measures to sanitize containers
and other equipment through extra cleaning processes,
such as soaking them in Suma Bac disinfectant.
In addition, all restaurants under OISHI have adopted
other extra measures to ensure customers’ safety and
confidence. These include:
- Health checks for all employees before starting work.
- All staff are required to wear masks and gloves during
their work shift and clean their hands at least once
every 30 minutes.
- Cashiers are required to disinfect their hands after
- Customers are screened with a temperature check at
the entry point.
- Disinfectant alcohol gel is provided for customers at
each restaurant entry/exit point.
- Spaces of at least 2 meters are provided between
- Tables, chairs and other equipment are disinfected
following each customer/group.
- Disinfect floor, hallway and counters in the restaurant
at least once a day.
- Hard plastic partitions at the cashier counter have been
installed to prevent the spread of the virus and to provide
heightened customer safety.
- ThaiBev supported all for COVID-19 screening test. The
company also provided them with COVID-19 insurance.
KFC has adjusted its model from dine-in to takeaway and
delivery without zone restriction in delivery services of each
branch since April 2020. This applies only to customers who
ordered directly online. This adjustment has helped KFC to
cover more customers and respond to the needs of
customers who are not in delivery zone or are too far from
the branches. This has made it more convenient for them.