ThaiBev creates opportunities for all employees under the concept of “Limitless Opportunities”, a proposition that has been communicated throughout the organization since 2015. Employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals in life, advance their careers, develop skills, enhance their capacities and grow with the organization. They can also build strong networks and relationships, as well as make a difference to the community and society. Happy and progressive employees will unite to drive the company’s business and lead the organization to sustainable success.
To make ThaiBev’s employees work happily with the organization for a long time. In addition, they are able to create the foundation for growth, strengthening the organization and its corporate culture. ThaiBev has seven strategies of human capital management as follows:
Clear Structure and Roles
Arrange organizational structure to be in line with the roles and responsibilities to
achieve the goals of Vision 2020 and for the future.
Continuously monitor changes in the job market and the needs of personnel to analyze
compensation and benefits in order to create appropriate standards for ThaiBev
Build a comprehensive employee performance management system and expand the
system’s accessibility to meet the needs of employees in each age range. Provide fair
evaluation as well as development planning to unlock employees potential enbling them
to work towards their goals and achieve excellence.
Holistic People Development
Promote a learning culture for employees to develop their capabilities. ThaiBev uses the
principle of developing employees’ potential, according to the 70: 20: 10 model for
learning and development. It also promotes the development of digital technology skills,
and the implementation of the individual development plan (IDP) as well as employee
Proactive Succession and
Proactively prepare the readiness of employees and executives identified as potential
successors to ensure semless transition and business continuity; enhancing sustainability
of the organization.
Strategic Talent Acquisition and
Develop the recruitment process and the selection of personnel with appropriate
knowledge, ability, and skills to perform the job as desired by the organization as well
as projects to reach and attract potential candidates to join the organization, especially
new generations who are looking for an organization that is agile and capable of
adapting in the digital age.
Engaging Corporate Culture
Build knowledge, understanding, and engagement by strengthening a sense of oneness
through the global values of the ThaiBev Group, promoting employees’ continuous
engagement to encourage appropriate behavior according to corporate values.
The business expansions in Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore, ThaiBev has restructured the organization, adjusted and appointed highlevel executives in accordance with its business development plan as outlined in Vision 2020, and strengthened its business both domestically and internationally. ThaiBev places importance on three key development themes: career-based people development, engaging employees through ThaiBev Global Values and performance management culture, and preparation for the future through digital experience.
ThaiBev designs work groups based on their functions, defines the career path, and determines the necessary competency of each position. ThaiBev provides opportunities for employees to progress, plan a career path, and improve their capacities, while also recognizing their individual development plans. Details are as follows:
- Designed career paths for employees in 14 job families, covering 85 percent of the total workforce in 2019. ThaiBev plans to achieve career path design and development for a total of 22 job families in 2020.
- Continuously developed employee potential according to levels. The employees are divided into levels name as Spring & Streams, River and Ocean. ThaiBev uses the principle of developing employees’ potential, according to the 70: 20: 10 formula, including 70 percent learning by doing, 20 percent learning from others, and 10 percent learning from formal training. The development program is divided into four types, as follows:
ThaiBev has applied the Kirkpatrick Four-Level Training Evaluation Model. Various job levels, from top executives to supervisors, are offered learning programs, with 167 employees participating in 2019.
- Core Competency
- General Skills
- Functional Competency
- Leadership Competency
- Created a holistic Individual Development Plan (IDP) with employees, covering 100 percent of employees from officer to executive level (4 and above) positions in ThaiBev, Oishi and Sermsuk. The company aims to improve weaknesses and enhance its strengths to prepare employees to advance to higher levels of their careers. In addition, ThaiBev also has a program to monitor the progress of individual development plans to ensure that those development plans are implemented seriously and achieve the goals.
- Developed its employees according to Functional Training Programs. The company has applied the program after its design was completed to teach employees in three groups, including sales, finance and accounting, and human capital, creating opportunities for career development for more than 5,400 people in 2019.
- Designed employee development programs to introduce new skills for employees (reskill), including cross-functional skills development (multi-skill). This has resulted in ThaiBev employees taking on opportunities in other positions within the organization, averaging about 27 percent of the total positions open in 2019.
- Identified employees and prepared for succession in critical positions. In 2019, it was able to cover 94 percent of all critical positions. To create opportunities for employees to grow both at the domestic and regional levels. They can develop themselves to become leaders of the organization now and in the future.
During the past year, 100 percent of employees were evaluated as well as put through calibration, comparison and ranking of the evaluation scores of employees in the same group. This evaluation process is connected to the competitive compensation and welfare framework of ThaiBev, in particular, the link between performance and bonuses has been strengthened, increasing the compensation ratio related to performance excellence over the past year. This increases the average rate of bonuses for those with excellent results up to three times the average of those with good contributions, an increase from the previous average of 1.5 times in the base year.
- ThaiBev cultivates employee engagement within the organization through the Say-Stay-Strive* model, which aims to continually improve employee engagement. In addition to help to reducing the rate of resignations, the model also encourages employees to continuously create value for ThaiBev. *Based on the concept of Aon Hewitt (2015)
**Employee Engagement Survey for year 2019-2020 is executed during
December 2019-February 2020
| % Employee
not including new mergers & acquisitions in the food business
- ThaiBev has successfully launched ThaiBev Global Values represented by 3Cs for Collaboration, Creating Values and Caring for Stakeholders in order for employees in the Group to share and adhere to these values as guidelines to their behavior. The three important Global Values are collaboration, creating values and caring for stakeholders.
- ThaiBev has improved its performance assessments approach to better reflect the actual performance of employees. The components of the assessment are defined as follows: Shared KPIs, Individual KPIs and Competency Assessments by using ThaiBev Global Values in varying proportions according to the level of the employee. As compared to the previous arrangement, ThaiBev has increased the number of employees receiving multi-dimensional assessments from manager level employees to employees at supervisor level. As a result, the percentage of multi-dimensional assessment more than doubled in 2019.
Recognizing the huge impact of digital technology on the organization’s success, ThaiBev has invested in the development of the Beverest system, a global system for human capital management and development. The system can support the management of all employees’ information, both domestically and internationally. ThaiBev has also developed additional features in the Beverest Connect and Beverest Life applications to support its use among all employees in the organization. At present, there are 38,000 employees using the Beverest Connect system.
The Beverest system also allows employees to express their opinions and express themselves creatively, as well as share knowledge, skills, and information to colleagues within the organization. At the same time, employees can learn by themselves, take responsibility for their own progress, recognize opportunities and benefits given by the organization, record training information and build a network of employees around the world. This system can be used either on a PC laptop or through a mobile phone without any limitations.
In addition, ThaiBev has developed the Thank You System, an application that can be used on smartphones. This system is included in the ThaiBev Life Suite under the concept “Make People Smile with Thank You.”
This promotes a culture of appreciation, compliments and encouragement for fellow employees who exceed their duties within the departments, between departments or between business groups. This system is also an important mechanism to support unity as well as collaboration between departments, and also promotes corporate culture and oneness through the use of systems that drive businesses toward sustainable success in accordance with ThaiBev Global Values.