In order for ThaiBev Group to grow and prosper in a sustainable manner and be accepted in the community, one of the most important factors is that the company must conduct its business ethically. Part of the process to promote ethical practice within the organization is to establish its own ethical standards, to let it be known to everyone within the organization and to ensure that such standards are strictly adhered to and maintained consistently.
- Improve and Enhance Corporate Images and values
Proposed events should enhance and improve Corporate image and value in terms of corporate awareness and also related with ThaiBev core corporate social support strategy : Communities, Education, Sports, Art and Culture and Public health. In addition, the sponsorship objectives have to engage and support area where ThaiBev business operate.
- Long term advantages to society and enhance collaborations
The mechanics of the event should relate to social Initiative and area of benefit has to bring a good impact and brings benefit to society not individual. Also, the beneficial should be in a long-term period and sustainable and also enhance the collaborations among the related partners during the activities and also can be continue in the future.
- Transparency Activities
The event location should be corporate’s strategic locations and all the details in the sponsorship event have to be transparency especially for the details of the expenditure have to be acknowledge by the committee or working team and third party.
- Donation should relate to core corporate support activities and link with communities
The donation could be by cash or product but have to be relate with core corporate activities: Communities, Education, Sports, Art and Culture and Public health and it should be the activities that benefit to the society or the support in case of disaster.
- Institute or organization that eligible for the charity
Government sectors, non-profit organization, foundation and religious institute with the proposal that have been signed off by authorization of particular organization with breakdown detail of the propose expenses and registration tax no.
- Transparency money transfer with actual report
The details of the donation amount have to be acknowledge by the key corporate management authorization and verified bank account with the report of donations to make sure that all support donation have been applied to what they mentioned in the proposal.
- Scope of Charity
Environment development project, quality of life development, support activities that help to protect or to solve the problem in the society.
scholarship for support a quality of education, support poverty students in strategic area of corporate strategic locations, support education materials. For bachelor’s degree students will focusing to support business related major.
mainly support on soccer, volleyball , tennis , snooker
- Art and Culture: Support Thai arts, Thai artists , heritage site or heritage art renovation in order to preserve Thai culture and promote Thainess and support religious activities
- Public Health:
Support activities that improve communities or public health
- The company determines to conduct its business honestly, lawfully, morally, and ethically.
- Giving, offering to give, or soliciting, including receiving or accepting bribes in any circumstances are not permitted by the Company.
- In conducting the Company’s business, the Directors shall perform their duties honestly and transparently in accordance with the laws, Objectives, and Articles of Association of the Company as well as the resolutions of the shareholders for the utmost benefit of the company.
- In conducting the Company’s business, the Executive Officers shall perform their duties honestly and transparently in compliance with the laws, Objectives, and Articles of Association of the Company, as well as the resolutions of the shareholders, insofar as they concern each individual’s duties and responsibilities, for the utmost benefit of the Company
- The Executive Officers shall not receive benefit from or offer benefit to other persons by using their position as the Company’s Executive Officers.
The company shall treat all employees fairly.
The Employees shall not disclose information, which has not yet been disclosed to the public, unless it is required by law or under the approval of the Company. The duty to keep information confidential shall include information of the Company’s business counterparts, products, plans, services, strategies, human resource management, such as salary and compensation rates, the operating process, and systematic procedures as well as the rights and obligations with third parties. The Employees shall not disclose information prepared or made known to them through their work as the Company’s Employees for their own benefit.
- The Employees shall not engage in any business or activity which is in competition with the main business of the Company and shall not seek benefit and business opportunities by using disclosed or acknowledged information for themselves, whether directly or indirectly. In addition, they shall not act as a business counterpart with the company in the way that may cause any loss of benefit to the company.
- The Executives Officers shall not engage in any business or activities which may conflict with the interest of the main business of the company.
The company shall trade fairly and ethically and shall seek mutual benefit with its business counterparts, with include contractors, suppliers, purchasers, joint venture partners, and others who do other trading with the company.
The Directors shall not, whether for their own benefit or for the benefit of other persons, use the Company’s information that has not yet been disclosed to the public or the general shareholders to seek benefit by trading any securities. The Director shall also oversee the Employees to ensure that they shall not use the Company’s information that has not yet been disclosed to the public or the general shareholders to seek benefit by trading any securities, either for the Employees’ own benefit or for the benefit of other persons.
The company shall respect its Employees’ human rights and shall care for the welfare and safety of all Employees and see to it that the Employees work in good environment.
Employees are encouraged to report genuine concerns which he/she may have
about suspected wrongdoings in accordance with the Policy, in the knowledge that
his/her concerns will be taken seriously and investigated as deemed appropriate.
ThaiBev will support him/her, provided that he/she raises genuine concerns in good
faith, even if they turn out to be mistaken. Reasonable measures shall be taken to
protect Directors and Employees from detriment, retribution or harassment from
ThaiBev requires that all employees must comply with its rules and regulations and the laws of countries that ThaiBev operates in. Any breach of applicable regulations in terms of ethics, organizational standards of excellence, or violations of human rights on the business premises must be stopped immediately and appropriate measures taken. In 2019, some minor cases were reported. Breaches were categorized by the monetary value of the action. Major cases involve a monetary value of 300,000 baht or more; minor cases involve less than 300,000 baht.
In 2019, ThaiBev has no major cases. ThaiBev have 211 confirmed minor cases where employee have breaches the code of conduct. The cases were classified as followed:
|Bribery and Fraud
Out of 211 breach cases, ThaiBev have classified them into two categories: 1) Disciplinary Breaches including unauthorized leave, breaches in work and safety protocols, physical or mental abuse, intoxication during work hour, etc. 2) Bribery and Fraud Breaches including falsifying documents, stealing, and other misconduct deemed as Corruption and Bribery. The cases were reported through various channels including whistleblowing channels, reported through lines of duty, and flagged from internal procedures. Cases have been investigated and appropriate disciplinary actions and measures have been taken accordingly. ThaiBev have taken appropriate actions towards the cases resulted in 51 official verbal warnings, 116 official written warnings, 34 suspensions, and 9 relieved from duty.