ThaiBev believes that successful organizations work together with their employees to create growth and learning experiences that ultimately strengthen both individual and company performance. Providing employees with training and advancement opportunities, and helping them address various skills gaps, are important aspects that can strengthen ThaiBev as a company.
ThaiBev prioritizes limitless opportunities as one of our top priorities because we see that this is the most important thing for employees.. We have committed to incorporating a diversity, equality and inclusiveness statement into our business operations, documents, practices, policies and management guidelines. Our goal is to ensure that our diverse workforce is able to work with their own uniqueness and identity, and have equal opportunities to gain access to all development tools necessary to grow in their own career path.
|| Strategy 1:
- Arrange the organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities to
support the company’s business strategy and PASSION 2025.
- Expand and develop competencies and options for career paths
corresponding to ThaiBev’s organizational structure, roles and
|| Strategy 2:
- Continuously monitor job market dynamics and ThaiBev’s demand
for personnel to set appropriate compensation and benefits
standards for ThaiBev Group companies
|| Strategy 3:
- Develop a comprehensive employee performance management
system and expand channels for system accessibility that meets
the needs of employees in all age groups.
- Ensure fair performance evaluation, set talent development plans
to unlock employee potential, enabling them to work towards their
goals, and strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote a learning culture for employees to develop their
capabilities. ThaiBev develops employees’ potential according
to the 70:20:10 model for learning and development. It also
emphasizes digital literacy and the implementation of individual development plans (IDP), as well as employee progress-tracking.
- Proactive Succession and Workforce Planning, Prepare employees
and executives identified as potential successors to ensure seamless
transitions and business continuity, enhancing the sustainability of
- Recruit and select personnel who have appropriate knowledge,
abilities and skills to perform their jobs as required by the
organization and aim to reach and attract potential candidates to
join the organization, especially those from the new generation,
which is agile and highly capable of adapting in the digital age.
- Build knowledge, understanding, and engagement by fostering
a sense of oneness through the global values of the ThaiBev Group,
promoting employees’ continuous engagement to encourage
appropriate behaviour in line with corporate values.
ThaiBev uses People Analytics to measure employee performance, assist in strategic workforce planning, identify current workforce skills gaps, aid in recruiting and hiring, identify flight risks to improve retention, boost competitive intelligence, and enable organizational network analyses. Various tools have been implemented in order to support proactive workforce planning and decision making and to ensure business growth. To be ready for a new set of goals in 2025, amid rapid business changes due to digital technology and automation processes, ThaiBev must develop and equip employees with the capacity to respond and adapt to changes through the development of their skills, including both reskilling and upskilling.
To sustainably support the business directions and ensure employees’ career growth, Holistic People Development has been put in place with essential infrastructure for people development, namely a competency model, career path, and career-based training programs. To measure learning effectiveness, ThaiBev has adopted and applied the Kirkpatrick model as well as adding one more level of objective beyond business results, namely career growth.
To ensure the effectiveness of people development, ThaiBev promotes a culture where employees are encouraged to develop through their individual development plans (IDP) and engage in continuous development. The key enabler to success is collaboration between employees, line managers and the human capital team who engage in training and development actions such as coaching and follow up. ThaiBev believes that sustainably developing our people is key to the success of the organization while fulfilling the aspirations of our people
Under the Company’s human capital management strategies, each employee shares responsibilities of contributions to ThaiBev’s objectives and desired results depending on business unit and nature of their works. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are utilized with relation to OKRs through the SMART principle (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound).
ThaiBev uses multi-dimensional performance appraisal to identify ‘contribution value’ of employees in which the contribution value will be translated into short-term incentive known as ‘contribution bonus.’ To meet strategic goals, PASSION 2025, ThaiBev promotes the concept of ‘contribution value’ in order to celebrate employees who perform and contribute exceptionally beyond the basic requirement of their job functions. The systematic approach of this evaluation is based on ThaiBev’s Global Value (‘3C’) namely; Collaboration, Caring for Stakeholders, and Creating Value. All employees are appraised through the following parameters:
1) Performance Level – ThaiBev believes that in order to contribute, employee must first fulfill their basic job requirements and responsibilities.
2) Characters – ThaiBev assess on various attributes such as leadership and demonstration of value.
3) Contribution – through the ‘Thank You System’ employees are able to give ‘Thank you points’ to peers, supervisors, and subordinate as a symbol of gratitude and recognition of their contributions.
Through the ‘contribution value,’ employees are assessed by various parties including peers, direct supervisor, executives and subordinates, and in this regard provide fair assessment for his/her contribution.
All employees will receive performance evaluation annually with performance evaluation metrics suitable to their level; Management by objective, multidimensional, and comparative ranking. ThaiBev recognizes talents on the merits of contributions and results, and places great importance in the development and career path for talents with high contribution through international performance evaluation standards.
As part of the performance evaluation process of ThaiBev, the evaluation score of individuals is subjected to the process of calibration and generating distribution curve in order to ensure fair treatment to employee, by aligning understanding and expectations of all supervisors. The distribution curve also serves as tools to identify high performer by benchmarking and ranking individuals of the same or similar job functions/requirement.
ThaiBev values ongoing two-way discussions with employees as part of performance appraisal. Throughout FY2022 we encouraged all business units to carry out this type of performance appraisal. Examples of this can be seen in Thai Beverage Logistics (TBL) and Cash Van Management (CVM) companies, where agile conversation was daily conducted in the morning throughout the year, The topics involved:
Following up daily performance
- Sales target management
- Sales & Marketing promotion activities
- Planning of customer visits
- Topics regarding Occupational Health & Safety
- Work related issues and solutions
- Update on important news and activities from headquarter
Strengthening and uplifting sales team capabilities is an essential foundation for embracing employees’ career development, increasing sales volume, and generating higher profits.
ThaiBev has set up a dedicated “Professional Sales Academy”, consisting of our Senior Management (C-Level), Sales Executives across Product Groups, and the HR team.
Objective to improve functional skills;
- Analytical Skill
- Business Acumen
- Finance & Budgeting
- Operation Excellence
- Collaboration Skill
The development program was “Sales Action-based Learning”. It was a great success.
The design of this development program was based on an “Action-Based Learning Framework”, focusing on applying knowledge and experience into business actions. It was a technique that combined (1) in class learning, (2) on-site & hands-on project, (3) technology applications.
The program content and learning activities were exclusively customized based on ThaiBev’s sales team context and it was delivered by our internal executive trainers. The learning topic of the program can be elaborated as follows.
Hands-on Project-based Learning Activities
- ThaiBev’s Sales Team Way of Work
- Identifying Pain Points of each Sales Area and Solution
- Identifying Sales Areas and Generating Sales Volumes
- Data Collection and Analytics for Sales Team
- Creating action plans for identifying sales areas
- Collecting data to analyze pain points in the identified areas
- Creating a sales plan for increasing sales volume.
- Forming sales strategic plans for each product group
- Uplift the sales team’s effectiveness and sales tools
- Strengthen the sales team’s career development
- Enhance area-based sales development
- Drive a data-driven way of working in the sales team.
Apart from the direct impacts on the program participants, the business benefits from having a stronger sales workforce, which could strategically generate higher sales revenue. Additionally, the business will gradually have a higher standard of sales team performance in the long run.
Having been successfully organized, the development program directly impacts both participants and business.
For the participants:
100% of the participants have developed higher sales capabilities through knowledge application to their real-work lives, especially data-driven for
Sales effectiveness. Developed skills included:
As for the business results that are directly impacted by the training:
- Area-based Analytical Skill
- Business Acumen
- Finance & Budgeting
- Operation Excellence
- Collaboration Skill
- Spirits product (Niyom Thai Special Aromatic Rice) sales revenue increased more than 100%, compare 2021 to 2022.
- The number of outlets for Non-Alcoholic Beverage (NAB) products increased at the province more than 1000+ outlets as a result of effective area-based analysis, operation excellence and collaboration excellence. The increase in outlets generated revenue increased of the product category more than 200%.
Persuasive Selling Development for Sales Operation (RTM – CVM) Blended learning interventions help boosting learning effectiveness among the participants. They will gain knowledge, harness skills & expertise, and turn them into practice. To excel in Sales function, one relies heavily on applying knowledge and experience into a real practice.
Cash Van Management (CVM), one of ThaiBev’s sales functions that take care of selling products to customers in a community via mini truck, had identified “Persuasive Selling” as one of its key capabilities.
In the past, there were no official development interventions for such skills. The sales team had to practice it based on real-world experience or from their senior sales persons. Accordingly, a learning program called “Persuasive Selling for Development for Sales Operation”, was initiated, aiming at elevating the sales team’s soft skills in building relationships with customers and persuading them for business results.
To ensure the program’s quality, we adopted blended development approaches, encapsulating learning key principles, theories, and updated knowledge, along with practices in real work situations while constantly being coached and mentored by expert salespersons.
Learning topics for the program are as follows.
- Successful Negotiation Practice
- Types of Negotiation
- Persuasive Selling for Business Success
- Win-win Negotiation
- Negotiating and Persuading Techniques
- Sales Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- The participants will be developed based on sales functional competencies, especially persuasive selling.
- The participant will be equipped with concepts & practices in building relationships with customers, leading to a strategic partnership for business results.
- The participants learn tools and techniques for persuading and negotiating with key stakeholders for achieve business objectives.
After the CVM learning program had been organized, direct benefits to our participants are as follows.
- The participants are more confident with their selling capability.
- They can generate more sales through persuading both existing and new customers to buy more products.
- The participants earn more sales incentives from the higher achieved sales targets.
Additionally, the learning program has a direct financial impact on the business, which can be summarized as follows.
- 4% increase in sales volume (970Million THB)
- 9% increase in number of active customers (24,374 Customers)
- 2% increase in products volume sold (4,276,669 Liters)
The total workforce
All Management Positions
(as% of all management workforce)
Junior Management Positions
(as% of all junior management workforce)
Top Management Positions
(as% of all senior management workforce)
All management positions Women in
(as% of all management in Revenue-Generating Positions)
(as% of all management in Stem-Related Positions)
||Difference between men and women employees (%)
|Mean gender pay gap
|Median gender pay gap
|Mean bonus gap
|Median bonus gap
Total training hours
Average training hours totalled
Average amount spent per FTE
||Department Head / Supervisor
|a) Total Revenue
|b) Total Operating Expenses
|c) Total Employee-related expenses (salaries + benefits)
|HC ROI (a - (b - c)) / c
Currency : Thai Baht (THB)
RECRUITMENT FROM INTERNAL CANDIDATES
||Total New Hires = 4,491
TOTAL VOLUNTARY TURNOVER
TOTAL VOLUNTARY TURNOVER
TOTAL VOLUNTARY TURNOVER
TOTAL VOLUNTARY TURNOVER
EMPLOYEE ENGAGMENT SCORE 2022
EMPLOYEE ENGAGMENT SCORE 2022
**98% data coverage
To track employee metrics, our employees engagement survey addresses the following aspects:
(external motivation, e.g. I am satisfied with my job)
- I can clearly explain what makes working here different from other organizations
- I know what career opportunities are available to me.
- I have been supported by the organization to develop myself for career development.
- I have opportunities for career progress in this organization
- There is effective cooperation between different groups/departments in the organization
- My co-workers work together to achieve our goals
- Employees are kept informed on matters that directly affect them
Learning & Development
- This organization supports me to initiate ideas to drive organization success
- I have the necessary information, tools & resources to perform my job effectively
- The company responds quickly when office equipment or supplies need to be repair
Rewards & Recognition
- There are sufficient opportunities for me to develop skills necessary for a different role.
- This organization strongly supports the learning and development of its employees
- My performance has a significant impact on my pay
- Senior leadership treats employees as this organization's most valued asset
- High-level executives convey the vision, mission, policy, and value via different channels to individuals in every level.
- The coaching and mentoring from my supervisor contribute to my learning and potential development.
- My supervisor sets clear expectations and goals with me
- The physical work environment (such as desks, office lighting, temperature, etc.) is suitable with the type of work I do.
(internal motivation, e.g., my work has a clear sense of purpose)
Diversity & Inclusion
- I feel this organization values diversity (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, language, education qualifications, ideas, and perspectives)
Engagement : Strive
- At work, my opinions and ideas seem to count
- This organization inspires me to do my best work every day
- This organization motivates me to contribute more than is normally required to complete my work
- I know exactly what I need to do to help this organization meet its goals and objectives
- My supervisor provides valuable feedback throughout the year that allows me to improve my performance
- My work challenges me to use my knowledge and skills fully
(e.g., I feel happy at work most of the time)
Engagement : Say
- Given the opportunity, I tell others great things about working here
- The balance between my work and personal commitments is right for me
- The organization actively looks after the wellbeing of its employees
(e.g., I feel stressed at work most of the time)
Engagement : Stay
- It would take a lot to get me to leave this organization
- I rarely think about leaving this organization to work somewhere else
ThaiBev is determined to develop the potential of our employees and build strong teams. Our continuous efforts have been formally recognized with awards at an international level.
- HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2022
These awards are given to the best companies to work for, based on survey scores on organizational culture, employee engagement, and effective HR practices.
- WorkVenture’s Top 50 Employers in Thailand 2022
ThaiBev increased new generation awareness as a top employer brand by being placed 7th in these awards. This was the second consecutive year that the company had been placed in the top ten by the young generation. The result demonstrated its commitment to giving limitless opportunities to young employees.
- HR Excellence by Human Resources Online, Singapore
- Excellence in COVID-19 Response Award
A Gold Level Award was presented to ThaiBev for taking excellent care of its employees during COVID-19.
- Excellence in Learning and Development
A Gold Level Award was presented to ThaiBev for providing excellent learning and development to improve employees’ capabilities.
- Excellence in HR Innovation
A Silver Level Award was given to ThaiBev for developing innovative human resources management through the “Holistic and
Integrated Career Development Tools”
- Thailand HR Innovation Award
These awards are organized by the Institute of HR Professional Development (IHPD), the Personnel Management Association of Thailand (PMAT),
the Thailand Productivity Institute (FTPI), and the Graduate School of Human Resource Development
at the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA). A Silver Level Award was presented to ThaiBev
in the field of Career Development, for its “Holistic Career Development Ecosystem” project.
- Thailand Corporate Excellence Awards 2022
ThaiBev won the prestigious Distinguished Award for Human Resource Management Excellence for 2022. The award was organized by the Thailand Management Association (TMA) in collaboration with the Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University.